Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Frigging Miracle

You'll never believe it. David has escaped certain death just in the nick of time. Yes. He finally sent the deposit check. And it only took him four months and several carefully planned terrible lies!

The Cadbury egg....still there. I will be away from it for several days as we're leaving tomorrow for Kathy's wedding, but I will cross my fingers that it will still be there when I return to work on Monday.

So yes, the big wedding is this weekend, and I am thrilled to see my friends. Kathy, JoAnna, Carissa, and even The Jer. *siiigh* It'll be nice. Expect a full report on the wedding events and the horrors of our road trip sometime next week. And cross your fingers that our rental car doesn't end up being another craptastic Kia Spectra with busted speakers and no cruise control. Also, cross your fingers that I can muster up finishing writing this toast speech. Under normal circumstances I would just wing it, but my friendship and comfort level with Kathy is very unique, and I fear if I wing it I will end up making revolting diarrhea references or other assorted offensive comments that only Kathy would find amusing. While it's unlikely that I'd ever see many of these people again and thus shouldn't care too much about offending them, I still don't want to go down in history as the ogre who ruined the wedding reception by sparking a chain of projectile vomiting among the guests.

Ok, no quote of the day today, but dry your eyes. I will make it up to you another time. I'm off to go pack.

Oh, and keep those personal quirks comin! (see previous post if you're confused!) They DELIGHT me.

No comments: