Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Classhole's Honor Society--A Resolution

Go back quickly and refresh your memory about my honor society debacle. Do it. It's ok, I'll wait. Ok, so I finally received all of the crap I told you I had been waiting for for nearly a year. This, kids, is where things get delightful. I retrieved the mail thinking, "Oooh, yay!"

Upon opening the envelope with my materials in it, I realized it was silly of me to have any expectations of these people. For starters, the certificate came folded in quarters and it looks beaten up, like someone carried around in their backpack for weeks and finally mailed it as an afterthought. Niiiiiiice. The best part, though, is that....well, ya know how certificates generally have little sections on them for people to sign and authenticate them so they're legit? Yeahhh, apparently no one could be bothered to sign mine because it's completely blank like I stole it or made my own on the computer. No signatures of chapter president or faculty sponsor. Just a sad, empty, beat-up certificate. It'll be just lovely if I apply for jobs and someone asks for proof that I'm a part of this group! I can happily take them my piece of crap certificate and say, "Well, there ya go! Oh, yeah I know it looks like a 5-year-old mailed it to me, but mentally it's close enough." Perhaps I'll forge some signatures to go in the blanks. I think Charlize Theron will be the chapter president and George Clooney will be the faculty sponsor! Why not?! Let's see who notices. Feel free to offer suggestions for names for this section of the certificate.

Today's quote of the day comes from another wee lad at the tutoring center. He is six and crazy and he's also good at reminding me of how much I'm getting older. Today he astounded me with his incredible long-term memory: "I remember lotsa stuff! I can remember things all the way back to 2007!" Me too, tiny tot...just barely.


1 comment:

aliasmisskat said...

thanks for your support!

do you mind if i link you on my page? this blog is entirely too funny to not check everyday.