Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh the Anticipation!

Oh kids, we're mere hours away from finding out today's Teacher Appreciation treat. I've been doing some brainstorming, and here are some viable options:

-a phone book (preferably from last year, according to Y. "Most of the numbers are still the same anyway," he adds.)

-a half-used roll of toilet paper stolen from the nearby grocery store

-circus peanuts *shudder* WHO EATS THOSE? I swear the original batch from 1950 is still in rotation on store shelves (so, of course, leave it to my boss to buy them b/c they're a steal!).

-leftover Halloween candy found in the deep recesses of someone's cabinets. ("The chocolate has turned white but don't worry, it's still edible.")

-a desk calendar with the dates up to today marked out

Any other ideas? Let's hear em! Make them good, kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CJ,

Here's an appropriate appreciation gift: the Cadbury egg from the parking lot. Enjoy!

Love,
Dad

Cor said...

Ooooh, good idea, Dad! Sadly, though, the Cadbury egg finally disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Being the neglectful writer that I am, I forgot to post about it. I like to think it met its demise being run over by a lawn mower. God knows my boss wouldn't have have claimed it and given it to me for Teacher Appreciation Week. She would have cut it up into 6 pieces and given each of us our own morsel to savor.