Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stating the Obvious

Last night we went to dinner at an Amish buffet restaurant we've been to once before (because nothing, and I do mean nothing, says "romantic Friday night date" like a trip to the Amish buffet). Just as the last time were were there, they served waaaay too much unidentified fried stuff for my taste. You know it's bad when my husband (who will eat just about anything) inspects the texture of some bizarre glob of miscellaneous deep-fried animal organ and decides to pass on the grounds that it's a bit too suspicious.

Anyway, as we were leaving he noted what might be the best stupid thing I've seen in a while. The restaurant has an attached gift shop much like you'd see in a Cracker Barrel or other assorted redneck dining establishment. Prominently displayed on one of the shelves was a $10 game book called Fun Bible Sudoku. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but sudoku is a numbers game involving putting numbers in the correct order so they add up a certain way. What the hell kind of sudoku is Bible sudoku supposed to be? It's so stupid! Talk about taking people for a ride. Idiots. I'm going to invent Bible Rubick's Cube, charge twenty bucks for it, and see what kind of morons will buy it.

Finally, today's quote of the day comes from a bona fide asshole who yelled this from a passing car to my husband (but clearly directed it toward me) as we were on a walk together this afternoon: "Hey, she's fat! Get away from her!" To that person I say 1. how you've not won a Pulitzer Prize yet for your eloquence is beyond me, and 2. thank you for reminding me of alllll the reasons I'm glad I never have to be a middle-schooler again.

1 comment: