Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Breast Comments I've Seen All Day

For many moons I have vehemently believed that the comments sections on online newspapers should be eradicated. Why? Because they tend to be overrun by 1. bigots, 2. people who never leave their homes and thus have way too much time on their hands, 3. people who have a nominal-at-best grasp of the English language, and 4. Republicans (see points one and two). (Ohhh, it's mostly a joke...don't get on me about it. sheesh)

So anyway, I have a long-standing problem with this "advancement" in technology.

However, today my local newspaper printed a story that contains the best online comments of all time. For your reading pleasure, I have copied the original article below, along with the best of the best from the comments section, which I have selected from nearly 150 posts (yes, it really WOULD appear I have a lot of time on my hands today):

More Than 300 Bras Stolen From Local Store

Authorities are investigating after more than 300 bras were reported stolen Monday from display drawers at Victoria's Secret in Eastland Mall, according to an Evansville Police Department report.

In all, 320 bras - worth $14,400 or $45 apiece - turned up missing.

Store employees reportedly noticed the bras were gone on Dec. 20, though the theft wasn't reported to police until Monday afternoon.

According to the report, store employees believe they were taken after Dec. 18. The store has surveillance, which it is still reviewing for possible suspects, the report said.

It was not immediately clear why the store waited so long to report this incident, though Evansville Police Department Spokesman Steve Green said chains often conduct their own internal investigations or work with their corporate offices before reporting crimes.

Best comments ever:
-"What kind of boob would do that?"
-"I guess Victoria's Secret has their panties in a wad over all of this."
-"Is there a 'support' group for this kind of crime?"
-"What a titillating story!"
-"Cross my heart I hope they find the people who did this." (This one is subtly clever, you see.)
-"Thank you, C&P, for keeping us abreast of this situation."
-"Talk about some bra-zar behavior!"
-"Must be revenge...(wait for it)...yep, it was tit-for-tat." (I love that this person was so confident in his or her zinger.)
-"I look forward to the capture of this miscreants. That will be an uplifting story."
-"A crime of this magnitude can only be solved by an investigator with hands-on experience."

Oh, thank you for the momentary giggles today, morons who post on newspaper comments forums.

No comments: