Thursday, February 14, 2008

By Jove, I've Done It

Well, kids,

I've finally mustered up the courage to leave Windows Live Spaces. "WHY, Cor, WHYYYYyyyy?!" Well, I'll tell you. It's mostly because I was annoyed by their overly complicated interface and unreliable posting buttons.

Dry your eyes, though! I'll save the old blog, but I just don't plan to add to it anymore. (I'm sure the two whole people that actually read this on a regular basis don't really care anyway.)

I don't really have a lot to say right now on this first boring trial post. Tomorrow or so I am planning to give an update on my ongoing death match with the first class ass-hats at Sallie Mae, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, I want to relay an observation I've had for some time now but always forget to write about.

I've noticed that our answering machine is very judgmental. VERY judgmental! I go to push the button to check the messages and it says in an uppity woman's voice, "You have NO messages." How rude! Why does she have to rub it in that no one calls us? There's nothing quite like your answering machine exposing your deepest insecurities in the sanctity of your own home.

Finally, I do have an excellent quote of the day from Anne, who overheard this outside a wine tasting charity event she went to last week. According to her, she was standing outside to get some air and overheard two women talking about using drugs.

Woman 1: "I used to be stoned all the time. You name it, I took it. But I don't do that anymore."
Woman 2: "Well that's good. I only ever took drugs once, and I'll never do it again."
Woman 1: "What did you take?"
Woman 2: "Steroids."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CJ,

Congrats on the move, and on passing the licensing test!

Dad