Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Go Kateo, It's Your Burfday

Today is my friend Kate's 26th birthday. I've known Kate for eight years now; we first met in our freshman year of college. She was the maid of honor at my wedding, and we know each other better than pretty much anyone else. This is why this morning, discussing her plans for her big day, she earned herself a quote-of-the-day honor with a one-liner dripping with uncharacteristic sarcasm.

Cor: Are you gonna do anything special this year for your birthday?

Kate: I don't know. Usually my family just takes me out to dinner, but no one has really said anything about it this year, so I don't know if we're really doing anything.

Cor: Ooooh, maybe they're planning a surprise party or something and just have to keep mum about it!

Kate: Oh yeah, Cor. SO OFTEN people plan elaborate surprise parties for landmark birthday years like TWENTY-SIX.

Awww Kateo, I love you. (And I hope it was your best birthday yet, special dinner or otherwise.)

No comments: